Thursday, November 11, 2010

Green + high-Protein Food Bar (Peanut Butter and chocolate)

Greens+ High Protein Food Bar (Peanut Butter and Chocolate)Green + says, "we have combined organically grown superfoods, whey protein, high energy, herbal extracts and a little agave Nectar to produce line only cold-processed, alkaline-forming, protein-rich green food. The GREENS + ® Protein Bar contains no sugar, salt, corn syrup, hydrogenated oil, synthetic sweeteners, preservatives or genetically modified foods of any kind. "

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving size: 59 grams
Calories: 260
Total fat: 12 grams, 18%
Saturated fat: 5 gram, 22%
Sodium: 35 mg, 2%
Carbohydrate: 24 grams
Fiber: 2 g, 7%
Sugar: 18 grams
Protein: 16 grams

Honestly, this bar stayed in my pantry is quite a bit before I tried it, but I am so glad I ' discovered ' re-this bar.When I opened the wrapper, I was surprised to see a thick chocolate bar-not just a chocolate coating. When I broke open bar check it out, I was able to see some of the green stuff scattered throughout. Taste was good, but ... different. This looked like a thick chocolate bar through and. except, it was not really sweet. it was fixed but chewy, and while I could not detect any peanut butter TO ALL, or chocolate, I enjoyed bar and more importantly, the sustained me in about 2 hours until dinner.

Each large 59 grams pillar gives 260 calories, 12 grams of total fat, which includes 5 grams of saturated fat (18% and 22% of the daily value), 2 grams of fiber, 18 g of sugar and 16 grams of protein. this Panel is higher in calories and fat than Peanut Butter flavor (read the review).

sponsor
Workout Music Playlists at IntheGym.net

The list of ingredients is quite healthy, starting with organic peanut butter-which would account for fat, but it is strange that I don't taste any peanut butter. the primary sweetener is agave, which makes this a low glycemic bar. I bought this for $ 1.99 on sale, and while I liked the taste, I do not think I would almost 1/4 of the daily value of saturated fat from a bar, although this has less fat than Balance Gold Rocky Road Protein Bar Review, but I think I will stick to the Chocolite Protein Bars.

{Homepage: Green +}

No comments:

Post a Comment