Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Boboli 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

Boboli Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

When I introduce a "whole wheat" substitution for my family, I have kind of sneak it in because they only have a kind of weird bias-I am not letting them know about it until after they have eaten. Sometimes they can tell the difference, most times they do not, as was the case with the Boboli 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving size: 1/6th crust
Calories: 120
Total fat: 2,5 gram, 4%
Saturated fat: 1 gram, 5%
Sodium: 270 mg, 11%
Carbohydrate: 22 grams
Fiber: 4 g, 16%
Sugars: 2 gram
Protein: 5 gram

I can say is, I made some good pizza.There is very little difference between the taste of this pizza and ' ordinary ' pizza crust-perhaps just a little tad of a more ' wheaty ' taste, and I did not notice much difference in how the crust comes out (I had made a thin crust pizza of the day before).

The difference that is important for me is that it is less than 60 calories, Boboli Orginial Pizza Crust (20 calories, which is less than the Boboli's Thin Crust) and 3 g more fiber. ingredients List starts with the whole wheat flour, and it is not too long (even if it is not all natural).

sponsor
Workout Music Playlists at IntheGym.net

I received 2 coupons for $ 5.00 each from the Boboli, which is what I used to buy the Whole Wheat Pizza Crust Boboli-regular price of $ 4.69. Doing math with the cost of ingredients to make a pizza, it can work cheaper to buy a frozen black. But fun to 2 children had to make their own pizza was invaluable. so I absolutely would buy Boboli 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust again.

Below is a picture of the products I randomly picked to make pizza-Bridgeford Turkey Pepperoni, which has 70% less fat than regular pepperoni, Cabot part skim Mozzarella shredded cheese and Contadina Pizza Sauce-I do not often pizza, so I was sure of what you want to get to the sauce, but this was 30 calories per 1/4 cup of. perhaps next time I try a regular tomato sauce and just to add my own herbs. I would also not make plain pepperoni pizza-sorry children-but I have to throw some Bell Peppers on it-my favourite pizza topping. What is your?!

Boboli Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

{Boboli Web site:}

No comments:

Post a Comment