Wednesday, October 20, 2010

San-J Mild Traditional Japanese Miso Soup

San-J Mild Miso Traditional Japanese SoupI have had a lot of soup for lunch recently-perfect for this New York cold-but I knew I had to go to branch out from my Nile Spice Sweet Corn cold. Sure that the soup is my absolute favorite, and I could eat it several times a day, but how else am I going to make delicious new discoveries, if I stop eating the same daily?! I love Japanese food, so I picked up a container of San-J mild traditional Japanese miso Soup to $ earmark 2.07 million out from my grocery store. San-J says their soups, "packed full of flavor, low fat and calories and give the perfect first course or a satisfactory healthy lunch at the-go."

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving size: 1 container
Calories: 45
Total fat: 1,5 gram, 2%
Saturated fat: 0%
Sodium: 1360 mg, 57%
Carbohydrate: 5 gram
Fiber:< 1="" gram,="">
Sugar: 1 gram
Protein: 3 grams

First, I looked at nutrition facts, knowing what a sodium nightmare were more likely to be and I File Manager incorrectly either.One container contains only 45 calories and 1.5 Grams of fat, but 1360 mg of sodium (57% of the daily value) shock, less than 1 gram of fiber and 3 grams of protein.Wow, this is a really high sodium enumeration.Still, I decided to go ahead and try it-I am careful with my sodium in other respects, so that I can allow a bit of a splurge occasionally.Calorie counting is super low, so I pair this with a salad and yoghurt.

If I could use one word to describe San-J mild traditional Japanese miso Soup, it would be AWFUL!

Squeezed In miso paste individually wrapped in a container, covered it with accompanying the package of the dried tofu, wakame (Seaweed) and green onion and add hot water. Paste is afraid of me, but I have seen the miso paste before, so I guess I should have expected it to look as it did After letting soup. sit for the assigned minute or two, I dug.

This. var. sex. Terrible.It was terribly salt (surprise, surprise), and I didn't like to miso whatsoever. I was there, when there were dark miso miso and mild flavors, this would be more like the restaurant miso, but was so wrong. it was dark and thick and tasted just plain ... bad. so far as that I could not even finish more than a couple of pieces!

San-J, you leave me, and I do not ever can buy this one again. If you have ever tried this, please let us know your thoughts in the comments. Let me direct you to the soup reviews here at iateapie.net where you're sure to find many Soups, with better nutrition facts and taste.

{Homepage: San-J}

No comments:

Post a Comment