Saturday, October 16, 2010

ExtendShake Strawberry Protein Shake

ExtendShake Strawberry Protein ShakeI received a few packets of ExtendShake Strawberry Protein Shake and when I drink protein shakes regularly, I tore eagerly to one. I consider myself as a rather discerning protein shake for drink, and definitively have seen my fair share of clothes (what is with these protein powder, which basically makes the flavored milk), so I always experimenting with different brands and varieties.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving size: 1 packet (32 grams)
Calories: 110
Total fat: 2 g, 3%
Saturated fat: 0%
Sodium: 115, 5%
Carbohydrate: 12 grams
Fiber: 5 gram, 20%
Sugar: 1 gram
Protein: 15 grams

I have seen a more authentic strawberry flavor than I have had in a long time. sure this strawberry was sweet, but it was also the berry-like it almost tasted like. strawberries and cream (bonus). I my shakes thick and creamy, ExtendShake delived and with a thick, not the wimpy, and it was extremely satisfactory shake. this flavor was great with Silk Soymilk Plus Fiber, in particular by means of a small entity, I would call immersion blender!

Each of the 32 gram package of Strawberry ExtendShake gives 110 calories, 2 g total fat, 5 g fiber (20% of the daily value), 1 gram of sugar, 15 g of protein and RDA values of 10% for vitamin A, C, D, E, K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, B6, B12, biotin, B5, iodine, selenium, manganese, chromium and molybdenum, 15% for folate, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc, 20% for iron and copper, potassium, 6% and 4% of calcium.

Sweetener used is sucralose (Splenda), it is, therefore, there is only 1 gram of sugars, yet this tastes sweet. Protein used are isolated soy protein (see list ingredients here).

A 5-pack costing $ 7.49 online (which is quite expensive), but these are available on some natural foods stores and will be available on the destination in April. I love the protein shakes, and strawberries are a nice change of pace, ExtendShake and is on my ' to-buy ' list.

No comments:

Post a Comment